Father's COVID-19 Journal at Home Quarantine (with a panicked online medstudent--me)

disclaimer: here I just focused on father's symptoms. Throughout the journal, I was and am still negative covid-19. Always using double mask, handscoen and gown while examining father and others.


July 2021

13: started to feel sick

14:

15: fever, tested for antigen covid at night and positive

16: whole fam tested, mother also got positive test. started home quarantine of mother and father.

17: father still not improving, but saturation still ok 97-98, fever +

we got an oxygen tube, just in case. father still doesn't feel like using it even when i insisted. i dont like forcing people to do something, so i stopped after few times insisting him to do it. 

night sister got fever, re-tested: sister and brother got +

we all moved home to quarantine together with parents.

18: father still got the fever, but he always said he's okay. so i kept telling myself that he's really okay. on oxygen 98, on free air 96

19: father still got the fever, again said he's okay. the cough is still there. He started changing to Favipirafir. My bad not telling him to start sooner bcs I just found out that it's preferred over the osel+azitro. It was all on me not prepared enough to care for covid patients and my lack of studying. 

sometimes father was on 95, improving to 97 with prone position. no pain reported to me.

Drug update: 

Favipirafir 2x8tab, analgesic, antitussive, vitamins, sambiloto

20: father still got the fever, but improving. we all hoped the antivirus worked.

Drug update:

Favipirafir 2x3tab

21: father said he felt better, we started cleaning the house, spraying desinfectant and opening all the windows wide. the fever was improving. 

at the evening father said he felt painful on his left chest near axilla when breathing, worsen with cough. i tried to compare the chest auscultation but they sounded the same. he said maybe the muscle, and again with assuring that it might get better tomorrow.

22: the fever came back, the chest pain worsen, since dhuhr prayer, he prayed sitting down.

evening father got even worse, he LOOKED very hurt, so silent and the voice was weak. oxygen dropped 93-94 even 92 without oxygen. he also cough mucopurulent yellowish sputum.

I then panicked inside, i asked around and searched on journals. Some advises I got from my professor--a cardiologist, and from an internist--my aunt's colleague.

Drugs update: 

I started giving him more drugs on evening: colchicine 2x1, dexamethasone, azithromycin 1x1

At night, 22.00 I also gave him: subcutaneous prophylaxis fondaparinux, celexocib 400mg.  

I offered him to have IV line access. He still said no. So I decided to see the update next morning. 

23: morning the oxygen still 94, the pain was still there but he said it got better. It was hard for me to believe so I still ask him to go to ER. Everyone insisted him to go to the ER. He gave up. I took him to the ER. 

Meeting the real doc on ER. checked with EKG, normal. the doc said he didnt have the indication to be admitted. Instead she prescribed some codein and combination of antihypertensive drugs. Doc didnt even allow him to go through general check up. She said to stop the steroid also. Then we went out from the ER.

But I still insisted he needed the lab work and CXR, at least. So we went to medical laboratory.


--to be cont.


Comments

Popular Posts